February 26, 2009

Kenny Fuckin' Powers cracks me up


HBO's new under-publicized series, Eastbound & Down, is absolutely hilarious and a must-see, sports fans.

The first two episodes have me hooked, and watching hero Kenny Powers work the dance floor on ecstasy to 'A Fifth of Beethoven' made me fall of the couch.

Danny McBride, whose credits include 'Tropic Thunder' and 'Pineapple Express', plays Powers, a foul-mouthed, washed-up MLB pitcher.

Powers, who is shown in the opening credits throwing a camera to the ground in a fit of Kenny Rogers-like rage, gets a second chance as a substitute teacher at an elementary school.

Despite his poor reputation and average looks, Powers carries himself like he's a saint.  Known as The Golden Dick, Powers somehow romances a sultry schoolteacher from his past and always manages to get in trouble.

Surrounded by a great cast that includes Steve Little as 'Stevie' and the hilarious Andrew Daly, I encourage you to watch this bizarre black comedy. I am delighted that HBO chose to run with this show. It's not for everyone, but I like it a shit ton, as Kenny would say.

1 comment:

Billy Vasquez said...

Scoot over on the couch, I'm there!